Revised as of 14 /04 /2008
The applicant who will go to China for marriage registration shall apply for a single/non-marital status certificate. The applicant who is a Chinese citizen shall apply for a certificate in accordance with requirements of Notary Certificate of Single Status.
How to apply
- An Affidavit of Single Status signed before a notary public.
- Certified by the clerk of Court of the County in which the document is commissioned if applicable. It may be omitted if the authority in item 3 will certify directly to the notary.
- Certified by the Secretary of the State in which the document is executed.
- Certified by the relevant Consulate - General. You must apply to the correct Consulate - General which holds consular jurisdiction over your area of residence.
For applicants who live in the consular jurisdiction of the Embassy, documents after being certified by the authority in item 3 shall be certified by the U. S. Departments of State Authentication Office, and then by the Embassy.
Documents to be included with applications:
Fees and processing time
- One Authentication Application Form (G1) .
- A photocopy of the applicant's passport or driver's license.
- The above-mentioned Affidavit of Single Status, and a photocopy of the paper where the notary public and certification officer signs and stamps.
- The authentication fee of $20 is payable by VISA , MasterCard, Money Order, Cashier's Check, Company Check or Cash.
Personal checks are not acceptable. Please make the check payable to Chinese Embassy .
- For mail service, an additional 5 dollars PER PACKAGE for handling will be charged. Make sure you read Mail Application Instructions.
- The regular processing time is 4 working days. For express service, additional fees of $30 for 1 working day processing(applications presented before 11:30am may be picked up between 2:30pm-3:00pm on the same day), or $20 for 2-3 working days processing will be charged.
- The applicant may only apply for an Affidavit of Single Status.
- The applicant shall apply for the authentication from the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-Generals within 3 months after the Affidavit of Single Status being notarized by the notary public. The Affidavit of Single Status is valid for 6 months after being authenticated by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-Generals.
- According to the Marriage Law of the People's Republic of China, the minimum marriageability age is 22 for men and 20 for women.
AFFIDAVIT OF SINGLE STATUS
On this date of _________________, I, (name of affiant) ,
residing at (street and number) (city) (state) (zip code)
BEING DULY SWORN DEPOSE AND SAY:
I was born on (date) at (city) (country)
I am a (country) citizen. My passport number is
I am a (current occupation) . I am employed by (company name and address)
I am currently single, have never been married (or was divorced/widowed on (date) and have never been remarried since that date).
Signature of the Affiant: _______________________________
Name in Print:________________________________________
(For the Notary Public)
Subscribed and sworn to before me by (name of affiant) on this____day of ________________.