J-1 Visa is issued to foreign resident correspondents and their accompanying dependents. Applicants need to get the approval from related Chinese news authorities before submitting their visa application.
Ⅰ.Please submit the following documents for your application:
1. A valid passport as well as a copy of its information page : Your valid passport must have at least six (6) months of remaining validity and at least one blank visa page in it.
2. Application form: One completed Visa Application Form (Q1)
3. Photo: one recent passport photo (black & white or color is acceptable) glued or stapled on the application form.
4. First time applicants whose former nationality was Chinese, shall write down his Chinese name in the application form and submit his original Chinese passport and the photocopy of the information page of the passport. Applicant who was formerly Chinese and has acquired a new US passport, if there is a Chinese visa in the old passport, shall submit his old US passport or the photocopy of the Chinese visa.
Ⅱ.How to apply
1.You may submit the application to the Visa Office of the Embassy or Consulate -General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you reside;
2.If you cannot come in person, you may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to drop off your application at the visa office of the Embassy or Consulate -General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you reside.
▲No appointment is required.
▲Mailed applications are not acceptableand will be returned.
1.The regular processing time is 4 working days.
2.Express service: 2-3 working days processing, $20 will be charged per visa.
3.Same day rush service: emergency only, with additional fee of $30 for 1 working day processing (applications presented before 12:30pm may be picked up between 2:30pm-3:00pm on the same day).
1.Please pay by Visa, MasterCard, Money Order, Cashier's Check or Company Check. Cash or Personal checks are not acceptable.
2.Please make the company check, cashier's check or money order payable to Chinese Embassy.
3.Fees: $130 for Americans, and $30 for Citizens of other countries.
1. If the visa application form is not filled out completely, correctly and legibly, this can cause a delay in processing or refusal of the requested visa.
2. J-1 visa is valid for one entry, three months. The holder of a J-1 visa shall go through residential formalities in the local public security department within thirty days of entry into China.
3. Any person suffering from a mental disorder, leprosy, AIDS, venereal diseases, contagious tuberculosis or other such infectious diseases shall not be permitted to enter China.
All regulations are subject to change without notice.